Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Poetry Assignment

Our teacher gave us the assignment to read a chapter out of our book on teaching poetry and then respond to the chapter in poetic form. You should have heard the groaning when she announced it. I might have been the loudest. But, here is my offering. Tell me what you think.

Found


I found myself sound asleep,
alarm buzzing to start my day.
I found myself in a truck,
motor racing me towards school.
I found myself in a classroom,
ears ringing with information.
I found myself in a book,
eyes reading about a sometimes scary subject.


Suddenly,

I found myself learning about feelings, forms, experiences, sounds and language.

I found myself walking inside a beautiful structure of words and rhythm.

I found myself desiring to follow the example of a master teacher.

I found poetry.


And,

I found myself.

6 comments:

Diana said...

Oooh, oh, ooooh, I love it.

Steve & Jenn Barlow said...

I love it too!

redheadsmom said...

yeah, mine sucked! Especially compared to that you show-off! :)

Janna said...

I am a show off. I love to write to be read. I'm soooo needy that way. I hate it when no one reads my stuff. Love you all.

Marilyn said...

For someone who doesn't "like" poetry, I loved it!!

Elise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.