Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Birthday Poem

It is my birthday on Wednesday, the 22nd and Dan wrote me a poem. He wrote me a poem 28 years ago when we were dating and I loved it. He's been saving up for this one. It's really wonderful. Thank you sweetheart.

Beautiful Symphony


Many, many years ago,
I mustered up all of my brainpower.
To jot down a simple rhyme, in hopes
of convincing you to be my sweet flower.

I cannot remember what I wrote so long ago,
though the words must have touched your heart.
For after all these some 28 years,
we do not like being apart.

I don’t know why,
but I again, feel the desire,
To muster up a rhyme,
on what has transpired.

We did not know what life together would entail,
a wonderful journey we hoped would be had.
We could not have known how much love would be felt,
when our four little ones would call out, “Hey, Mom and Dad”.

As I look back on those years,
the days blend together, full of emotions aplenty.
With happiness and tears coming together,
to create for me a beautiful symphony.

You and I are partners,
on a wonderful journey.
You have been my true friend,
so I look forward to eternity.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Wow, that is really, really sweet. You are a lucky wife to be married to such a great guy like Danny. He's awesome.

And happy birthday to you!

Lorraine and Kelly said...

Wow Dad! What a great poem, I'm happy for you mom. Hope you have a great birthday! Love you.

Steve & Jenn Barlow said...

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear JANNA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love
steve and jenn

Elise said...

I love Dan. What a sweet poem. Happy birthday, Janna. We love you.

JM Inc. said...

Happy birthday Janna! Maybe my own husband could take some cues from your casanova (: That was very sweet indeed. And while we're on the subject of birthdays, I was hoping you give me some pointers on your cakemaking prowess. I have a b-day in my household coming up, and I've been daydreaming of making a cake for little Macy a la Janna Neville style. Care to share anything? Specifically about working with marzipan or whatever that smooth frosting is called.